- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rupert Friend, currently starring on TV’s Homeland, has been tapped to replace Paul Walker in Agent 47 from Fox International.
47 was the movie that Walker was to have starred in after wrapping Fast and Furious 7, but the actor was killed in a car crash Nov. 30.
Commercials helmer Aleksander Bach is directing from a script by Kyle Ward, Skip Woods and Michael Finch.
Agent 47 is a bald-headed elite assassin who is the star character of a video franchise. The plot for the new movie is being kept under wraps.
The project is a sequel to Hitman, the 2007 action flick that starred Timothy Olyphant.
Alex Young, Chuck Gordon and Adrian Askarieh are producing; Daniel Alter is executive producer.
Friend may be best known to American audiences for his work in British period movies such as The Young Victoria and Pride & Prejudice. He is repped by CAA and U.K.’s Authentic Talent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day