- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
HONG KONG – The Asian Film Awards Academy will present Hong Kong stars Donnie Yen and Carina Lau with the inaugural Outstanding Asian Actor and Actress Awards at a ceremony held during the Hong Kong Filmart industry confab next week.
Co-organized by the Asian Film Awards Academy and Moet & Chandon, the Moet-AFA Special Awards will hold its debut ceremony on March 23.
Known for his onscreen martial arts prowess, Yen (Ip Man) will be the first Moet-AFA Outstanding Asian Actor recipient, while the multiple award-winning Lau (Bends, Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame) will be the first Moet-AFA Outstanding Asian Actress.
The newly-established Asian Film Awards Academy was formed by a partnership between the Hong Kong International Film Festival Society, the Busan International Film Festival, and the Tokyo International Film Festival. The Academy will vote to select the winners of the 8th Asian Film Awards, held at the City of Dreams casino in Macau on March 27.
To encourage new talent, Rising Star of Asia Awards will also be handed out to Japanese actress Chiaki Kuriyama (Kill Bill: Volume 1) and Korean actor Kim Nam Gil (Lovers Vanished) at the Moet-AFA Special Awards.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day