- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Honor Blackman had as good of a time playing Pussy Galore in the 007 classic Goldfinger as she did saying her character’s name aloud around nervous studio executives. Blackman, also known for her work in the classic Avengers television series, died Monday at the age of 94.
Arguably the most recognizable Bond girl out of the entire film franchise, Blackman said in a vintage video unearthed by The Hollywood Reporter that the concern over the name from studio brass was silly.
“It’s very much tongue-in-cheek, isn’t it?” she said. “I mean, if you’re so po-faced that you have to take that seriously, well, bad luck. But it was very funny.”
The studio even considered changing the name to “Kitty Galore,” which Blackman thought was outrageous, she said.
“I was quite shocked that they were shocked,” she said. “I was rather taken aback. So I used to quite deliberately say, ‘Oh, you mean Pussy?’ And they used to die.”
Blackman is survived grandchildren Daisy, Oscar, Olive and Toby.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day