- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Horrible Bosses 2 has just lost its boss.
Seth Gordon, who directed the hit 2011 comedy and was set to helm its sequel, is exiting the project, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. Gordon informed castmembers Jason Bateman, Jason Sudeikis and Charlie Day on Wednesday.
Gordon, who also directed the hit comedy Identity Thief earlier this year, cited scheduling conflicts with his upcoming ABC television comedy The Goldbergs and several other projects.
New Line is now seeking a director to step in for Gordon, and interest is strong. The plan remains to shoot the film this fall.
The first Horrible Bosses, co-starring Jennifer Aniston and Jamie Foxx, became a surprise hit in summer 2011, grossing $209 million worldwide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day