- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The creation of the creature in The Thing was no easy task, as is detailed in part in the new horror documentary In Search of Darkness. An exclusive clip from the film shows the painstaking detail that went into Rob Bottin’s creation for the 1982 horror classic.
“Rob Bottin’s work in The Thing was amazing, but it came at huge cost to us,” said director John Carpenter, referencing the famously expensive undertaking. “The most fun was Norris’ head hitting the floor. Out come these little legs and eyeball.”
In Search of Darkness is directed by veteran entertainment journalist David Weiner, who is a contributor to The Hollywood Reporter. He has written lengthy features on the 1978 animated film The Lord of the Rings and 1989’s Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure. And he’s also delved into horror projects, such as 1988’s Child’s Play.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day