- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brad Parker, who previously directed 2012’s Chernobyl Diaries, has signed on to direct horror film Best Rest.
MGM scooped up the rights to the hot horror script by relative newcomer Lori Evans Taylor in July 2015.
Chris Sparling, the scribe who wrote Sea of Trees and Buried, is attached to produce with Karen Rosenfelt and Ken Blancato.
The story centers on a pregnant woman who, due to the nature of her pregnancy, is put on bed rest. Strange things begin happening in her home, which make her wonder if her house is haunted.
Parker also is attached to helm In Service at Paramount with Bad Robot and Matt Reeves producing. He also directs specific second-unit work for Reeves, having worked on Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and Let Me In.
Parker also is a busy director in the commercials world and started his career doing VFX at Digital Domain. He is repped by Paradigm, Oasis Media Group and Jackoway Tyerman.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day