- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Veteran film distributor Debra Zimmerman of New York City-based Women Make Movies will receive the prestigious Doc Mogul Award at the upcoming Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival.
Zimmerman will be feted for supporting female doc makers since 1983, having made Women Make Movies as executive director the largest distributor of films by and about women.
“During her tenure, Women Make Movies has helped hundreds of female filmmakers create and distribute game-changing, award-winning and mind-blowing films,” Hot Docs executive director Chris McDonald said in unveiling the Zimmerman tribute.
Past winners of the Doc Mogul Award include Participant Media’s Diane Weyermann last year, IDFA’s Ally Derks, Films Transit International’s Jan Rofekamp, HBO’s Sheila Nevins and BBC’s doc commissioner Nick Fraser.
The Hot Docs festival is set to run from April 25 to May 5 in Toronto.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day