- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The House With a Clock in Its Walls will open its doors a year from now.
The movie, directed by Eli Roth, will open in theaters on Sept. 21, 2018, Universal and Amblin Entertainment announced Tuesday. Also set to launch that weekend are Sony’s Goosebumps 2 and Lionsgate’s untitled Robin Hood origin pic.
Jack Black and Cate Blanchett star in House With a Clock in Its Walls, an adaptation of the 1973 Gothic horror novel of the same name written by John Bellairs and illustrated by Edward Gorey. The story centers on Lewis (Owen Vaccaro), a 10-year-old boy who goes to live with his uncle in a creaky old house with a mysterious tick-tocking heart. But his new town’s sleepy facade jolts to life with a secret world of warlocks and witches after Lewis accidentally awakens the dead.
Kyle MacLachlan, Colleen Camp, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Vanessa Anne Williams and Sunny Suljic also star. Mythology Entertainment’s Brad Fischer and James Vanderbilt are producing the pic with Eric Kripke, who wrote the script. William Sherak, Tracey Nyberg and Laeta Kalogridis are executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day