- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
It was 30 years ago, on Aug. 21, that Jennifer Grey and Patrick Swayze first twirled into theaters in Dirty Dancing, a spicy summer romance.
Though three decades have passed, fans still remember the famous lift and Swayze’s character insisting that “nobody puts Baby in a corner.”
The young lovers meet at Kellerman’s, an upscale summer resort where Johnny Castle (Swayze) works as a dance instructor and Baby Houseman (Grey) is visiting with her family. Baby ends up at a party for the staff and Johnny catches her eye. As she swoons over him during the hot summer days, he teaches her how to dance. The two find romance and perform together at the summer’s closing show, wowing audiences with their passion and skill, and of course, the lift.
The film has a 72 percent freshness rating on Rotten Tomatoes, has earned nearly $214 million at the box office and had a remake released in 2017.
In honor of Dirty Dancing‘s 30th anniversary, take the quiz below to see how well you remember this rom-com favorite.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Thailand’s Pen-ek Ratanaruang Reteams with Christopher Doyle for Culinary Thriller ‘Morte Cucina’ (Exclusive)
‘The Boogeyman’ Director Rob Savage on Stephen King’s Blessing and the Very Good Reason Why Disney Had Him Remove a Toy Lightsaber
Matthew Broderick Reveals Tensions with John Hughes on ‘Ferris Bueller’: “He Was Not Easygoing”