- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hugh Grant is trying out a new role: Daddy.
The British actor recently welcomed a baby girl his rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
“He and the mother had a fleeting affair and while this was not planned, Hugh could not be happier or more supportive,” said his rep, adding, “He and the mother have discussed everything and are on very friendly terms.”
The identity of the mother has not been revealed, though Grant was dating Chinese actress Tinglan Hong early this year.
And while the baby was not planned, Grant has talked about his desire to become a dad in the past.
In 2007, the actor said during a Vogue interview, “As much as I adore myself, I’m quite keen to find someone else to care about more,” adding, “I remember reading a Warren Beatty quote when he finally had children and said what a relief it was to not be all me, me, me.”
Grant is currently voicing the role of Pirate Captain in Peter Lord’s animated film The Pirates! Band of Misfits, set for March 30, 2012 release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Writers Guild of America