- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bridget Jones appears to have just been dumped.
After having been attached for years to star in the third film in the Bridget Jones series, actor Hugh Grant says he has parted ways with the project, titled Bridget Jones’s Baby. Grant played Daniel opposite Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth in the 2001 original and its 2004 sequel, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.
“I decided not to do it,” Grant said in a Free Radio interview, according to the Guardian. “But I think they’re going to go ahead and do it without Daniel.”
Grant added: “The book’s excellent, by the way, but the script is completely different — well, the script as I last saw it a few years ago.”
The film has been in development for years, with production halting in 2012 amid talk that Grant was unhappy with the script. “Reports that Hugh Grant has exited Bridget Jones’s Baby are untrue,” Working Title co-chair Tim Bevan said at that time.
Grant can next be seen with Marisa Tomei in rom-com The Rewrite, which reunites him with director Marc Lawrence (Music & Lyrics).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day