- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Playboy founder Hugh Hefner has taken to Twitter to express his feelings about his cancelled wedding to Playmate Crystal Harris.
The wedding, Hefner’s third, was to take place this Saturday but Harris called it off, writing on her website, “After much deep reflection and thought I have decided to end my engagement with Hef. I have the utmost respect for Hef and wish him the best going forward.”
Hefner tweeted Tuesday night, “The breakup is a heartbreaker, but better now than after the marriage.” He joked, “Since we’re not getting married on Saturday, I’ve scheduled a movie: Runaway Bride. Seems appropriate.”
Hefner later refuted a TMZ report about the reason for the break-up, “The TMZ report that Crystal & I ‘had a nasty argument,’ prompting her to call off the wedding, is untrue. There were no arguments.”
He also plugged Harris’ iTunes single “Club Queen” and described the remainder of the evening spent playing dominos with his ex-wife Kim Conrad, son Marston, and several ladies.
Hefner, 85, and Harris, 25, were engaged in December.
Harris spoofed their 60 year age gap in the Funny or Die “Age Gap Cheet Sheet iPhone App” video below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day