- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Speaking at the Zurich Film Festival, the Prisoners star mentioned that he’s been added to the cast for Blomkamp’s Elysium follow-up.
“I am doing a role in Neill’s new film, called Chappie, which we shoot in Johannesburg. I’m there for a couple of weeks at the beginning of next year,” the actor said at a presser, as quoted by Screen Daily.
Chappie, co-produced by Sony Pictures Entertainment and MRC, features a cast that includes Sharlto Copley (The A-Team) and Jose Pablo Cantillo (The Walking Dead). Dev Patel (The Newsroom) is also in early talks to be featured, THR reported in August.
The film centers on a kidnapped robot that’s voiced by Copley. The title has set a March 27, 2015, release date.
Jackman was at the Zurich Film Festival to accept the Golden Icon lifetime achievement honor and screen Prisoners, the Denis Villeneuve-directed thriller that debuted at Telluride in August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day