- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
20th Century Fox kicked off its presentation with a chorus line of dancers, followed by Deadpool 2 star Ryan Reynolds appearing in character in a video message to apologize for not being there.
The video included Fox distribution chief Chris Aronson emerging from under some covers and wearing a The Greatest Showman-style outfit. The Greatest Showman Greatest Showman (and Logan) star Hugh Jackman, who danced with Aronson last year, appeared in the video, and Reynolds told the marketing chief he was late for his CinemaCon speech.
“I’m totally fucked,” Aronson said.
Reynolds remarked, “looks like Comcast really dodged a bullet,” a reference to Comcast previously flirting with an acquisition of Fox. Aronson — disheveled and missing a shoe — finally leaves with Deadpool and Jackman.
The video ended with a tiny nod to Disney’s pending acquisition of Fox. Mickey Mouse’s dog Pluto can be seen in the background, getting a big laugh from the CinemaCon crowd. Reynolds has previously joked about the merger, including tweeting a picture of Deadpool getting kicked out of a Disney park.
Deadpool 2 opens May 18.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
London Film Festival