- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Officially cutting the ribbon Tuesday, the 30,000 sq. ft. Richard Attenborough Stage is booked for the Working Title production Les Miserables, backed and bankrolled by Universal and directed by Oscar winner Tom Hooper.
The stage boosts Pinewood’s capacity by a sizeable seven percent and aims to cater for productions looking to build large-scale complex sets and host large audiences, the group said.
It is named after British filmmaking icon Attenborough, who was involved in 36 movies made at the Pinewood and Shepperton sites.
Pinewood Shepperton CEO Ivan Dunleavy said: “The new stage sends a signal that we are serious about growing and innovating to keep pace in an increasingly competitive, global market.”
Les Misérables construction coordinator Malcolm Roberts described the new facility as having cutting edge technology, saying, “Its lighting and access are a credit to the design.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day