- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hugh Jackman is teasing that his third Wolverine solo film will be his last outing as the iconic X-Men character.
Jackman shared a photo on Instagram of Wolverine’s claws — three to be exact — with the caption “WOLVERINE …ONE LAST TIME. HJ.”
Fox previously slated an untitled Wolverine project for March 3, 2017. Jackman has appeared as the gritty character in seven X-Men films since 2000 (counting a one-scene cameo in 2011’s X-Men: First Class).
Jackman last appeared as the character in 2014’s X-Men: Days of Future Past. The follow-up to that film, X-Men: Apocalypse is set for a May 27, 2016 release, and will feature the First Class castmembers including James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence, along with different actors playing younger versions of characters from the original X-Men trilogy, including Sophie Turner (Jean Grey), Tye Sheridan (Cyclops) and Alexandra Shipp (Storm).
There is no confirmation if Jackman will appear in that film in some capacity as well.
A photo posted by Hugh Jackman (@thehughjackman) on
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day