- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Logan has yet another sharp weapon at his disposal in the new poster for The Wolverine. Both adamantium claws and Japanese blade look deadly in the hands of Hugh Jackman’s mutant, and the rain appears to set a darker tone for the follow-up to 2009’s X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
Directed by James Mangold, The Wolverine is set in Japan and is said to draw heavily from a 1980s comics run by Chris Claremont and Frank Miller, which saw the Marvel anti-hero travel to Japan and run afoul of ninjas and after he attempts to reunite with with a former lover.
STORY: First Photo for ‘The Wolverine’ Features a Ripped Hugh Jackman
Perhaps apropos to the poster, the comic storyline involves Wolverine getting a major beating from his former love interest’s father, who is an expert swordsman.
A motion version of the poster can be viewed at the film’s official site.
The film is slated for July 26, 2013. Jackman may also reprise his role as Wolverine for X-Men: Days of Future Past, the follow-up to 2011’s X-Men: First Class, which is being directed by Bryan Singer, helmer of the first two X-Men films, and will reunite original castmembers Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day