- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the Lasse Hallström-directed DreamWorks film, which opens this August, Dayal plays Hassan, a culinary prodigy whose family opens an Indian restaurant 100 feet across the street from a Michelin-starred eatery run by the snobby and exacting Madame Mallory (Helen Mirren). Yves Saint Laurent’s Charlotte Le Bon (another relatively new UTA client) co-stars as Mme. Mallory’s sous chef and Hassan’s love interest.
Dayal previously recurred as Raj, a college student with terminal cancer, on The CW’s 90210 and as a co-worker with a crush on Daphne on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth. His other credits include guest spots on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and The Good Wife.
The actor continues to be repped by manager Laura Hersh at Industry and attorney Dave Feldman at Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Santa Barbara International Film Festival