- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
M. Night Shyamalan is directing the pic, which had previously been titled 1000 A.E. The story is set in a future in which humans no longer live on Earth after it becomes inhospitable. The elder Smith is playing a hero, while Jaden is his son, considered a failure as a warrior. When the two crash-land on Earth, it’s up to the son to save the dad.
Fuhrman will play Jaden Smith character’s friend Rayna.
After Earth is due to begin shooting in March in locations in Pennsylvania and Utah. The project has a release date penciled for June 2013. Zoe Kravitz and Sophie Okonedo also are in the cast.
In Hunger Games, which hits theaters in March and is one of 2012’s most anticipated movies, Furhman plays Clove, an expert with knives. She also starred as the title character is the 2009 Dark Castle/Warner Bros. movie Orphan.
Fuhrman is repped by CAA and Trilogy Talent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day