- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The photos also give audiences their first look at Sam Claflin as Finnick Odair, the beautiful and vain victor from District 4. In one still, Claflin gets quite cozy with Lawrence’s Katniss Everdeen.
The duo also appeared on the cover of Entertainment Weekly last week, complete with Finnick’s trident and Katniss’ arrows as they prepare for the dreaded Quarter Quell.
Among the other images released by Lionsgate on Monday is a shot of director Francis Lawrence (who takes over the helm from Hunger Games‘ Gary Ross) chatting with Lawrence and co-star Liam Hemsworth, and a still of Lawrence speaking into a microphone – with Josh Hutcherson’s Peeta by her side – during what could be the duo’s victors tour of the districts.
Catching Fire will pick up shortly after The Hunger Games’ conclusion, finding Katniss and Peeta as the District 12 victors entering into a newfound life of luxury. But they must soon embark on a tour across the nation of Panem, while President Snow (Donald Sutherland) plots the history-making 75th Annual Hunger Games with a twist: the Quarter Quell.
Catching Fire, the second in a four-film franchise for Lionsgate, is scheduled to hit theaters Nov. 22.
Email: Sophie.Schillaci@THR.com; Twitter: @SophieSchillaci
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Academy Museum of Motion Pictures