- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With eight months until the release of The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Lionsgate is ramping up its marketing campaign with “The Capitol Portraits.” Posters of the film’s main characters are being released one by one, each with the old-time look of a hand-painted portrait.
So far, portraits of Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), Cinna (Lenny Kravitz), Haymitch Abernathy (Woody Harrelson), Caesar Flickerman (Stanley Tucci), and Effie Trinket (Elizabeth Banks) have been released, with new posters promised soon.
The image for Katniss is especially stunning, with the young Hunger Games victor wearing a layered white gown that has the shape of a mockingjay. She holds a single white rose in her hand.
Catching Fire will see Katniss and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) embark on a Victory Tour through the 12 districts after becoming champions of the 74th Hunger Games. But they don’t get much time to enjoy their win as they’re sent back into the deadly games to compete in the Quarter Quell.
The movie’s official Facebook page has uploaded teaser portraits that show only a chair, with written hints about who will appear in that chair once the official portrait is revealed.
The movie is set to hit theaters Nov. 22. View the newly released posters below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day