- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In less than two weeks, the world’s moviegoers will declare their overwhelming love for Katniss Everdeen. In this newly released clip, Peeta Mellark is beating them to the punch.
As the March 23 release of The Hunger Games draws near, Lionsgate continues to ramp up the marketing for the big-screen adaptation of author Suzanne Collins‘ dystopian young-adult novel. With a national mall tour wrapped up and the film’s Hollywood premiere just hours away, the studio has released a new clip that teases the romance at the core of what should be an otherwise bleak film.
In the scene, Peeta Mellark, the quiet baker’s son played by a bleached-blond Josh Hutcherson, sits in a nationally televised interview with an extravagantly coifed Cesar Flickman (Stanley Tucci). As Katniss — the series’ warrior teen protagonist played by a serious Jennifer Lawrence — looks on, Peeta confesses to having a crush on a girl whose love it would seem impossible to attain.
In her own subtle way, Katniss is surprised — and displeased.
The reaction from audiences in the theaters might not be so calm; driven by the massive popularity of the book series, the solid marketing campaign and the impressive teasers, Hunger Games could open north of $100 million in the United States.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day