- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He wasn’t the last tribute standing, but Dayo Okeniyi has found life after the arena.
The Nigerian actor, who played Thresh in The Hunger Games, has booked a pair of roles in the indie coming-of-age drama The Spectacular Now and the Ben Affleck starrer Runner Runner for New Regency.
In Spectacular Now, Okeniyi joins a cast that includes Shailene Woodley, Miles Teller and Brie Larson.
Directed by James Ponsoldt, the film centers on a charismatic high school senior who lives only for the moment. Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber adapted the screenplay from a Tim Tharp novel.
Tom McNulty is producing.
In the Brad Furman-helmed Runner Runner, Okeniyi plays a Princeton Ph.D. student. The film, which centers on a businessman caught up in the world of offshore online gaming, also stars Justin Timberlake. Shooting is under way in Puerto Rico.
Brian Koppelman and David Levien, who together penned the Runner Runner screenplay, are producing alongside Leonardo DiCaprio.
The projects mark Okeniyi’s first two signings since The Hunger Games.
He is repped by Sweeney Entertainment and McKuin Frankel Whitehead.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day