- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The pivotal role of President Snow has been cast in Lionsgate’s adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ trilogy, The Hunger Games.
Donald Sutherland will star alongside Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Woody Harrelson, Lionsgate announced Tuesday.
In Collins’ novel, President Snow is described as “cruel and ruthless in his intimidation and control tactics,” ruling over Panem and its contained districts for 25-plus years. He and District 12 tribute Katniss (Lawrence) have a contentious relationship throughout the series.
Also starring in Hunger Games, slated for a March 23, 2012 release, is Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Stanley Tucci, Lenny Kravitz, Paula Malcolmson and Wes Bentley.
Sutherland, repped by CAA and Special Artists Agency, can be seen in the upcoming films Sofia and Horrible Bosses, as well as the Treasure Island TV adaptation.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
People's Choice Awards