- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The identities of the last team of tributes in The Hunger Games have finally been revealed.
Alexander Ludwig, who appeared in Race to Witch Mountain, and Isabelle Fuhrman, who starred in Orphan, have been cast in the pivotal roles of District 2’s Cato and Clove, respectively, joining 22 other relative unknowns in the anticipated Lionsgate adaptation.
In the Suzanne Collins novel, District 2 tributes are a part of a group known as the “Careers,” often volunteering to participate in the deadly Hunger Games. District 2, located not far from the Capitol, specialized in mining before moving into the production of nuclear weapons after the war and its tributes were better fed than other citizens. Cato and Clove play pivotal roles during the 74th Hunger Games, proving to be obstacles for protagonist Katniss and teammate Peeta.
Ludwig, repped by ICM and Lucas Talent, and Fuhrman, repped by CAA and Trilogy Talent, join a cast led by Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, the recently cast Woody Harrelson, Stanley Tucci, Wes Bentley, Paula Malcolmson and Liam Hemsworth.
The film, set to be released March 23, will be directed by Gary Ross.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day