- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hunger Games marketing campaign is ramping up.
Now that the first official footage of the highly anticipated science fiction thriller has been released, Lionsgate is getting sneakier with a viral marketing website: www.thecapitol.pn.
Visitors to the site see a shaky, pixelated image that’s still unclear but is most likely the Capitol Seal. Fans of the trilogy of young adult novels by Suzanne Collins know this to be the seat of governmental power in the futuristic version of America known as Panem (referenced in the site’s URL).
A signup in the corner of the page allows the site to send the following message out on the user’s Twitter account: The Capitol knows who I am. Identify yourself immediately: http://thecapitol.pn #whatsmydistrict.
There’s no indication on the site of when the next phase of the puzzle will go live, but the film hits theaters on March 23, 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day