- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hunger Games fans got two more appetizers for the film Wednesday when Lionsgate released a pair of new TV spots. Actress Jennifer Lawrence is front and center in both of the 30-second clips, which offer hints at both the action and the drama embedded in Gary Ross’ adaptation of the young adult bestseller.
The clips are actually fairly similar, varying really only in terms of the supporting cast their footage highlights: in the first, Wes Bentley’s character, Seneca Crane, pits Lawrence’s character Katniss Everdeen against her childhood friend Peeta Mellark (Josh Hutcherson); and in the second, Caesar Flickerman (Stanley Tucci) interviews Katniss about her upcoming Hunger Games session as Cinna (Lenny Kravitz) helps her prepare for battle. At 30 seconds each, there’s not a whole lot to be seen in either of them, but both TV spots offer a couple of provocative new details that should have fans of the series more excited than ever for the film’s March 23, 2012 opening day.
Check out the clips below for yourself, and let us know if you find more morsels of the series’ mythology in them than we did. (We’re counting on it!)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day