- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Spoofmeisters Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, the duo behind Date Movie, Meet the Spartans and Vampires Suck, wrote the script and are directing the parody. The script pokes fun of not just the Suzanne Collins book series but also The Avengers, Sherlock Holmes and the finale of the Harry Potter franchise.
Walsh will play the lead, a character named Kantmiss Evershot.
Pretty Little Liars actor Brant Daugherty has already been cast as the parody version of Gale, played in the films by Liam Hemsworth.
The Starving Games is produced and fully financed by The Safran Co.’s Peter Safran, whose credits include Scary Movie, Vampires Suck and Buried.
International rights are being sold by K5 at next week’s AFM. Wild Bunch already has the German rights, and Falcon has taken the Middle East.
Shooting begins this week in New Orleans.
The role is a change of pace for Walsh, who is known more for her dramatic roles. She co-stars as the devious Simone Sinclair on ABC Family’s Switched at Birth and has appeared on The Secret Life of the American Teenager and The CW’s The Vampire Diaries.
Walsh, repped by APA and Untitled, also played Eva Longoria’s niece on Desperate Housewives.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day