- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
As trailers and its stars saturate the airwaves a week ahead of release, The Hunger Games was dealt some extra, unexpected marketing on Thursday.
Two songs from the upcoming dystopian YA novel adaptation have leaked online: Taylor Swift‘s “Eyes Open” and Kid Cudi‘s “The Ruler & The Killer.”
PHOTOS: ‘The Hunger Games’ Cast
Lionsgate has already released one song written for the film by Swift, the lead track “Safe & Sound,” which features the band The Civil Wars. That one was a bit darker than this new one, which plays to the emotions of the stolen childhood aspect of the series rather than the thoughtless violence — though they are, of course, quite connected.
“Eyes Open” is the second song on the soundtrack’s tracklist, while Cudi’s track is the fourth. The complete lineup will boast some indie rock legitimacy, with another song by the Civil Wars, Arcade Fire, Decemberists and Neko Case. Miranda Lambert, Swift’s fellow country star, will also contribute a song.
The Hunger Games, directed by Gary Ross and produced by Nina Jacobson based on Suzanne Collins’ hit book, is tracking for an immense opening next weekend, with a first weekend gross of over $100 million virtually guaranteed and the potential to take in more than Breaking Dawn‘s $148 million.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day