- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katniss and Prim’s mother has been cast in Lionsgate’s Hunger Games movie adaptation.
Paula Malcomson, who recently starred in Syfy’s Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica, has landed the role, joining Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) and Willow Shields (Prim) as her daughters.
In the books, Katniss and Prim’s mother is grieving after her husband’s death, living in fear that her daughters will participate in the deadly Hunger Games.
Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Amandla Stenberg, Dayo Okeniyi, Leven Rambin and Jack Quaid round out the rest of the cast so far for the Gary Ross-directed film, which is produced by Nina Jacobson and Color Force. Elizabeth Banks is in talks to play Effie.
Malcomson, who has also appeared in HBO’s Deadwood and FX’s Sons of Anarchy, is repped by UTA and Seven Summits.
The film is in theaters March 23, 2012.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day