- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hunger Games is coming to New York City via a traveling exhibition set to make its world premiere on July 1 at Discovery Times Square.
The immersive exhibit, a partnership between Lionsgate and Imagine Exhibitions, will run through Jan. 3, 2016. Designed by theme park creator Thinkwell Group, the interactive tour of the Hunger Games world will invite visitors to step inside and explore the world of Panem as created by Lionsgate’s YA movie franchise.
Tickets for The Hunger Games: The Exhibition will go on sale April 21, with prices starting at $22.50. The traveling exhibition, to feature iconic costumes, props and set re-creations, will eventually fill major museums and institutions across the U.S. and internationally.
The exhibit will feature seven galleries: District 12, Tribute Train, The Capitol, Making the Games, District 13, Fan Gallery and Katniss’ Journey. Lionsgate also is eyeing theme park attractions and other location-based entertainment opportunities as it looks to generate new revenues from its Hunger Games franchise.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day