- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The stars of Universal’s The Huntsman: Winter’s War sat down with NBC’s Katy Tur in full costume to talk about their new film, which is a follow-up to 2012’s Snow White and the Huntsman.
The pic takes place before (and after) Snow White, providing additional stories about the Huntsman’s life and love story, as well as the tale of two sisters, Ravenna (with Theron reprising her role) and Freya (played by Blunt). Hemsworth said there is more humor in the new film, which is both a prequel and sequel to the last one.
The actors joked around with each other while speaking with Tur. When Tur said they looked “stunning” in their costumes, Theron said there was “a lot of competition with Hemsworth in the room.”
Chastain surprised Theron by admitting she had been nervous to work with her at first, but Chastain said she quickly learned Theron was “so nice” and not anything like the evil queen she believably played in the first film.
“I dont know if I’m just as evil,” said Blunt, referring to her character, Freya. The actress said Freya’s back story is very sad. However, Blunt said she loves playing a fantasy queen. “You vamp it up, and it’s so fun,” she said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day