- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Arash Amel has been hired to write a screenplay for I Am Legend 2 for Warner Bros. Will Smith is on board to produce through his Overbrook Entertainment shingle, with the potential once again to star.
Akiva Goldsman, who co-wrote and produced I Am Legend, also will return as a producer.
The 2007 horror thriller starred Smith as the last surviving human in a New York cityscape overrun by monsters that survived the plague that killed most of humanity. Co-written by Mark Protosevich and directed by Francis Lawrence, it grossed $585 million worldwide. It is unclear how the storyline will be developed in the new project since Smith’s character, Robert Neville, perished at the end of the first film.
The CAA-repped Amel has the action thriller The Expatriate in production, and his screenplay Grace of Monaco is in development.
Smith produced Fox’s recent release This Means War, and he stars in the Sony sequel Men in Black III, which hits theaters in May.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day