- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This friendly neighborhood ice cream man isn’t so friendly.
The Ice Cream Truck tells the story of a woman (Deanna Russo) who moves back to her hometown when her husband is relocated for work. While she waits for her husband to join her, she lives in the home alone and encounters a strange ice cream truck man who, in addition to selling sweets, is going around town murdering people.
Uncork’d Entertainment has acquired the distribution rights to the film and has provided a chilling clip (see above).
This is the second film from writer-director Megan Freels Johnston, who is the granddaughter of famed crime writer Elmore Leonard.
“Megan Freels Johnston has made a very scary but also very smart film,” says Uncork’d President Keith Leopard. “The film also offers us a unique and refreshing take on a genre dominated largely by men.”
The acquisition come ahead of European Film Market in Berlin, where Johnston in 2014 debuted her first film, Rebound. She also is known for developing the Joseph Gordon-Levitt short Sparks, based on a story from her grandfather.
The Ice Cream Truck also stars John Redlinger, Emil Johnsen, Hilary Barraford, Jeff Daniel Phillips and Lisa Ann Walter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day