- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The rap star-turned-actor has closed a deal to reprise his role as Captain Dickson in 22 Jump Street, playing opposite Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.
Phil Lord and Chris Miller also are returning as directors for the the film, which will showcase Wyatt Russell in a supporting role.
Production begins at the end of September.
21 Jump Street became a surprise hit for Sony last year, earning more than $138 million domestically and $202 million worldwide.
Ice Cube will next appear starring opposite Kevin Hart in the comedy Ride Along for Universal, which debuts Martin Luther King Jr. weekend in 2014. Ice Cube also produced the film alongside Will Packer and Cubevision partner Matt Alvarez. He also is executive producing the comedy series Outlaws for Amazon Studios.
Ice Cube is repped by UTA, manager Jeff Kwatinetz and attorney Matt Johnson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day