- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Law & Order: SVU star Ice-T has joined the feature documentary Public Enemy Number One, while also executive producing the film about America’s war on drugs.
The doc will see the rapper-turned-actor lend his voice to help tackle issues around U.S. drug policy and culture, including mass incarceration, alongside interviews with top activists, policy makers, three U.S. drug czars and authors.
“I am proud to be part of this important project. This documentary shines a light on an issue that over decades has resulted in devastating effects on our society and our country,” Ice-T said Monday in a statement.
Public Enemy Number One from Aletheia Films is produced by Chris Chiari of King of Quality Productions and Robert Rippberger, while Phil Viardo, Jerry Szycer and Jeff Androsky are executive producing alongside Ice-T, Wes Hull and David Lugo.
The feature doc, which gets its title from former President Richard Nixon declaring narcotic abuse as “public enemy number one,” is set to debut Saturday at the DOC LA Film Festival.
Ice-T has appeared on Law & Order: SVU for 19 seasons since 2000. His TV credits also include Deadly Class and Golden Revenge.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Big Thunder Mountain