- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Michael Shannon hulks over his victims in The Iceman, both the slaughtered petty criminals gone astray of the unwritten rules and the innocent wife and children that are blissfully unaware that their lives are sustained with others’ blood.
In this second trailer for The Iceman, the star of Take Shelter and Boardwalk Empire again shows his stoic range as Richard Kuklinski, the real-life contract killer who murdered over 100 people between 1964 and 1986. The film, directed by Ariel Vroman, promises the story of the hit man told in bleak tones with stark lack of sentimentality.
Winona Ryder plays Klukinski’s wife, the angelic mother of his children who has been fooled — in part by her own blind eye — into thinking her husband is a modern day, working man saint. But the roles played by Ray Liotta, his initial crime boss, and Chris Evans, his partner later in life, tell another story; THR critic David Rooney calls the movie a “vivid evocation of a remorseless sociopath sustaining a double life as a contract killer and devoted family man.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day