- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Doug MacLaren and Harley Copen have been named co-heads of ICM Partners’ motion picture literary department.
The move comes on the heels of the exit of longtime agent and department co-head Emile Gladstone, who is transitioning to be the producing partner of ICM client Chris Morgan. Morgan is the hot screenwriter behind the Fast & Furious movies.
MacLaren and Copen will now oversee a department representing award-winning directors, writers and producers including Woody Allen, Sofia Coppola, Tom Hooper, David Mamet, Stephen Frears, Vanessa Taylor, Lisa Cholodenko, Vince Gilligan, Thomas Vinterberg, Peter Weir, Joseph Cedar, Tim Robbins, Jack Paglen and Deepa Mehta.
The promotions keep the leadership homegrown. MacLaren has been at ICM since 1995 and even served as co-head of the motion picture lit department from 2006 to 2009. Copen, who became a partner last year, began his career at Broder Webb Chervin Silbermann in 2001 (Broder merged with ICM in 2006).
Both MacLaren and Copen are well-respected both inside the company and out.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day