- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Idris Elba will play the villain in the Fast and Furious spinoff, Hobbs and Shaw.
Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham will star in the feature, playing their Fast characters Luke Hobbs, the Diplomatic Security Service agent, and Deckard Shaw, one of the franchise’s primary bad guys. The Crown actor Vanessa Kirby will also star.
The Fast franchise’s veteran scribe Chris Morgan is writing the script, with Deadpool 2 director David Leitch set to helm.
Neal H. Moritz will produce via his Original Films, alongside Johnson and his Seven Bucks Productions partners, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia. Statham and Morgan will also produce with Kelly McCormick, Steven Chasman, Amanda Lewis, Ainsley Davies and Ethan Smith exec producing.
Mark Sourian and Jay Polidoro will oversee the project for the studio.
Elba, who was last seen in theaters in Avengers: Infinity War, will next lead the fifth season of Luther and is currently in production on the Netflix comedy series Turn Up Charlie, which he created and will star in. He is repped by WME and Artists Partnership.
Universal is set to release Hobbs and Shaw on July 26, 2019.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day