- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Apple has landed yet another star-studded package.
After a bidding war the tech giant has acquired a new feature that has Idris Elba attached to star and produce, alongside X-Men creative Simon Kinberg.
Plot details are being kept under wraps but the project will be set in Africa and is described as a romantic spy thriller, a terrain that Kinberg tackled in 2005 with Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
Travon Free, whose credits include The Daily Show and HBO series Camping, is behind the screenplay.
Along with Elba and Kinberg, Audrey Chon, president of Kinberg’s Genre Films, will produce.
The project joins Apple’s growing slate of star-driven projects, which includes Will Smith starrer Emancipation and Martin Scorsese’s upcoming directorial effort Killers of the Flower Moon.
Kinberg, repped by CAA, is working with Apple on an untitled sci-fi series and has spy thriller 355 due out in 2021 via Universal.
Elba will next be seen Concrete Cowboys, which will debut at the Toronto Film Festival next month, and is due back in theaters in 2021 with The Suicide Squad sequel. He will next shoot the Netflix western Harder They Fall.
Elba is repped by WME, the U.K.’s Artists Partnership and Ziffren Brittenham.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day