- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joby Harold wrote the script, which is a reimagining of the story of King Arthur and his legendary knights of the kingdom of Camelot.
Elba will play Bedivere, Arthur’s father’s right-hand man, who is will teach Arthur how to lead an army.
The role of Arthur has not been cast but testing will begin in August.
Producing the movie are Lionel Wigram, Akiva Goldsman, Tory Tunnell and Harold.
Elba’s boarding reunites the actor with Ritchie, who directed him in the London-set crime movie RocknRolla, which Warners distributed in 2008.
Elba is best known for starring in the BBC’s acclaimed Luther series. He will also be voicing the character of Shere Khan in Disney’s The Jungle Book, currently in preproduction, and is attached to star in the thriller Bastille Day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day