- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The duo are attached, although no official deals have been made, as the project is not yet set up and no financing has been secured. That could change very quickly in the coming days or weeks as Miller begins to shop the project to studios and financiers timed to next week’s American Film Market.
Details are scarce, but the love story is said to involve a genie. It is also unclear what characters Elba and Swinton are playing.
Elba is currently filming Hobbs and Shaw with Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham and nabbed the role of Macavity in the musical adaptation of Cats, which he will shoot next. Earlier this year, he reprised his role of Heimdall in Avengers: Infinity War. He is repped by WME and The Artists Partnership.
Swinton earlier this year voiced a character in Wes Anderson’s stop-motion feature Isle of Dogs and currently stars in Suspiria, Luca Guadagnino’s remake of the classic Italian horror movie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day