- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jean Prewitt, CEO and president of the Independent Film & Television Alliance, the trade association of independent film and TV producers and distributors, and Jonathan Wolf, IFTA executive vp and managing director of American Film Market, have both had their contracts renewed for another three years, the IFTA announced Tuesday.
Prewitt has headed the global trade association since 2000.
Over the past two years, the IFTA has been active in the European Union, defending producers’ rights to license content on an exclusive territorial basis. Prewitt has also spoken out in the U.S. urging Congress to ensure that online platforms take responsibility for users’ privacy and the legality of content which they distribute.
Since 1998, Wolf has guided AFM, and in 2017 he also launched LocationEXPO.
“Jean and Jonathan’s leadership, strategic clarity, and industry knowledge have been a tremendous asset to not only IFTA and AFM, but the industry at large,” IFTA chairman Michael Ryan said in announcing their contract renewals. “On behalf of the entire membership, we’re very pleased that these unrivaled advocates will continue to unite our collective voice, stand up for and serve the interests of the global Independents.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day