- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Imagine Entertainment, the Universal-based production company headed by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard, has laid off five employees, including production executive Jeremy Steckler.
The move comes in the wake of Imagine re-upping its longterm relationship with Universal until 2016 at what sources say is a significantly reduced financial package. Imagine has had a tough year, with the box office disappointments The Dilemma, Cowboys & Aliens and Tower Heist failing to ignite audiences. In its long history, the company has produced the Oscar-winning A Beautiful Mind, as well as such hits as 8 Mile and The Nutty Professor.
Producers throughout Hollywood are seeing their once-lucrative deals slashed. As THR reported last year, the number of rich production pacts at studios has shrunk dramatically in recent years. Steckler had only joined Imagine in March 2010.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival