- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Imax Corp. has pacted with DreamWorks Studios and The Walt Disney Studios to release two Touchstone Pictures releases, I Am Number Four and Real Steel.
Both live action DreamWorks movies, to be released under the Touchstone banner in 2011, will open day-and-date in digital Imax theatres worldwide.
“The inclusion of two live-action DreamWorks titles in our 2011 slate enables us to expand the range of content available to Imax theatres and extend our brand deeper into our growing 18-34 audience segment,” Imax CEO Richard L. Gelfond said in a statement.
D.J. Caruso‘s I Am Number Four, set to be released on Feb. 18, 2011, is an action thriller about an extraordinary teen, played by Alex Pettyfer, who is hunted by ruthless enemies.
Timothy Olyphant and Dianna Agron (Glee) also star.
Real Steel, an action drama from director Shawn Levy, stars Hugh Jackman as a washed-up fighter who teams up with his estranged son, played by Dakota Goyo, to get one last shot at a comeback.
Real Steel is set for a domestic release on Oct. 7, 2011.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day