- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Giant screen exhibitor Imax Corp. added the Tom Cruise-narrated Space Station documentary to the lineup for its 3D TV joint venture with Sony Corp. and Discovery Communications.
Toronto-based Imax earlier licensed another two 3D library titles, Into The Deep and Galapagos, to the 3D TV channel ahead of its rollout.
In all, six new titles were added to the 3D network’s upcoming slate, including the cowboy bull riding series Bullproof, from Wild Eyes Productions and Digital Revolution Studios, and two shows from Electric Sky Productions, the extreme sports-themed High Octane, and Making the Brand.
Also on tap is Discovery’s Ghost Lab, produced by Paper Route Productions and Go Go Luckey Entertainment, and Sony Pictures’ Open Season, the first animated feature from Sony Pictures Animation that features Martin Lawrence and Ashton Kutcher.
“We continue to move forward aggressively to both create and acquire the most immersive and entertaining 3D programming for television audiences available anywhere,” Tom Cosgrove, president and CEO of the joint venture, said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day