- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Fright Night actress is in negotiations to star opposite Aaron Paul in the big-screen adaptation of the popular Electronic Arts video game. Poots will play a savvy exotic car dealer who connects the wealthy with high-end supercars.
Scott Waugh, one half of the Act of Valor helming team, will direct the film, which has been dated for release on Feb. 7, 2014.
DreamWorks has said the movie will be “rooted in the tradition of the great car-culture films of the ’70s while being extremely faithful to the spirit of the video game franchise.”
George Gatins and John Gatins developed the original story, with George penning the screenplay. The script is based on the Need for Speed games but not on any one individual title. (The newest game installment, Need for Speed Most Wanted, launched this week.)
John Gatins, Mark Sourian and EA’s Patrick O’Brien will produce.
U.K. native Poots, whose bevy of upcoming credits includes Filth opposite James McAvoy, is drawing raves for her role in A Late Quartet, which bowed last month at the Toronto International Film Festival.
She is repped by CAA and Independent Talent.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival