- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When Independence Day returns to the big screen next year, it won’t be coming alone: Titan Comics has exclusively revealed to THR that it will be releasing a new comic book series prequel to the new movie.
The as-yet-unnamed comic book will, according to the publisher, be “a rich psychological prison drama” set after the events of the original 1996 movie. Editor Steve White told THR that the series will be “a golden opportunity to segue nicely into next year’s blockbuster sequel by taking the mythos of the original and maybe adding a little darkness to it.”
No creators or release date for the series have been revealed as yet.
This will be another string in the bow for Titan’s licensed comic line. The British-based publisher is already known for releasing series based on the BBC’s Doctor Who, Sony’s The Blacklist and the videogame series Assassin’s Creed, with a series tying into the revival of NBC’s Heroes soon to hit shelves.
Independence Day: Resurgence is scheduled for release June 24, 2016.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day