- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mads Mikkelsen is headed to Indiana Jones 5, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Harrison Ford reprises his iconic title role as the adventuring archeologist, with Phoebe Waller-Bridge joining the Disney franchise for the next installment. Logan filmmaker James Mangold takes over directing duties from Steven Spielberg, who helmed the first four installments.
Spielberg, Kathleen Kennedy, Frank Marshall and Simon Emanuel will serve as producers on the film. John Williams returns to score. Indiana Jones 5 has a release date of July 29, 2022.
Mikkelsen’s lengthy list of credits includes Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, Doctor Strange and Casino Royale. He is also in Warner Bros.’ upcoming third Fantastic Beasts movie, stepping in to play Gellert Grindelwald after Johnny Depp’s exit.
Mikkelsen is repped by UTA and Art Management. Deadline first reported the news of Mikkelsen’s casting.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day