- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The iconic hat from the beloved Lucasfilm series was estimated to nab anywhere between $150,000 and $250,000, according to the auction house. The winning bid was $300,000. The winner was not identified.
This fedora was made specifically for the 1984 film, the second installment of the Indiana Jones series.
“Created by Herbert Johnson Hat Company, who also did the hats for Raiders of the Lost Ark, the fedora was a slight update on the original film’s version. Costume designer Anthony Powell and assistant costume designer Joanna Johnston worked closely with Herbert Johnson on the update that incorporated a more tapered crown than the prior film,” reads the auction description. “The fedora is in excellent condition, showing light wear with some signs of age, and comes stored in a plastic hat box. Dimensions: 13″ x 12″ x 6″ (33 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm).”
While the $300,000 may sound like a hefty price tag, it should be noted that a fedora worn by Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) sold for more than $500,000 at auction in 2015. It was also sold through the Prop Store.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day